Saturday 4 February 2012

Blackburn Preview - Fans talking rubbish ---- bags

Good morning folks, looking forward to bracing the ice and the snow and the damn miserable weather? a phrase you could probably use when you are off to watch Arsenal today. No premier league win in 4 games highlights the icy slippery road the team are treading at the minute.

Today we have a chance to redeem ourselves not to turn a corner or anything like that but a win is a must to get back some of the backing of the fans. Its been a long time since I have know such irk from us Arsenal fans and I am not sure whether I agree that the team should be booed or not.

I'm a fan from the old school where Arsenal used to finish 10th in the premier league, play some of the most boltonesque style football you have seen, yet back then the team got backed by its fans no boos rang out around the stadium. Perhaps the move to the emirates whilst affording us the financial luxury (Yes I know we don't spend it so not much point moving ay?) has brought with it the ultra modern fan which seems to have gained a gladiatorial style support. If a player in your team does not do well they will put up there fans to the Wenger dictator and give the disappointing thumbs down and the gladiator is rather that being killed has a leg chopped off and disappears whilst the baying fans go away happy yet hoping his leg will grow back so he can maybe provide us with one magical moment again.

Today the fans should get behind their team, Wenger always says the team should give the fans something to sing about for the players to create an atmosphere what about us, should we not create the atmosphere that the players will want to play for, I sure as hell can guarantee a buzzing crowd will increase the performance of the players a lot more than subjecting them to boos.

Anyway enough about that, we got some ideas of who could be missing today one of them being the ox, Well I hope he is fit to play today because he really has shown over the last 3 games what an exciting prospect we have in our team. He is different to any other player we have he has the skill to beat players, blistering pace but what he does add is a pop at goal from distance, something the fans scream for over and over again with the result being pass pass pass oh move over.

Rumours flying round that Van Persie might enjoy a rest, 3 weeks ago he had a nice rest in Dubai and with the          lack of free flowing attacking football from the team in recent weeks I struggle to see how he is tired but i guess injury prevention is the key especially given the managers reluctance to indulge in a striker.That said Thierry Henry could start against the club he scored one of the best goals of his career.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqaR4Rk1E_s.

I am Henrys biggest fan in the world ever having watched im at the age of 17 playing in the champions league against Newcastle, yes I bet you were watching Asprilla while I seen the making of the greatest footballer that ever lived and oddly this is the moment I remember most, he executed an over head kick which went high and wide and yet that stuck with me in a big way and I followed his career since. However I do not thing Henry is a starter right now but is a worthy option from the bench. Me I would like to see Park in the park he seems to be a bit of a Chamakh from what I have seen that he has a lot of movement and not much else, but his only goal for the club was a sensational finish and watching him on international duty he can finish and best of all gets goals out of the area. Today could be his day.

I will be at the match today to cheer on my team and I will not be touching a black bag I support Arsenal and support they will get.

My prediction 3 - 0 to the gunners, UP the Arsenal

No comments:

Post a Comment